A violent attack can occur to anyone at any given time. Below Eyal Yanilov Master 3 at Krav Maga has listed the techniques that he has acquired over the years of training.
1. Understand the nature of the problem
There are two types of attackers:
b. Positioning – attacker that wishes to dominate you (in front of others or himself) or punish you.
2. Understand the nature of a possible situation
b. Is it about defending another person (family, friend or stranger in need of help)
3. Identify the Attacker
It is highly important to keep a distance from the attacker. Also, keep in mind that no matter whether the person in front of you is 2 meters high or a 10 year old kid – distance is a crucial factor here.
b. Equipping yourself with a common object to threat and deter the attacker, often works well very
6. Prevention by pre-emptive attack
You can use different “Preemptive Attack” to prevent the aggressor from reaching and hurting you. You should use it when:
1. You identify the intentions and means of the attacker.
2. You feel that the danger is immediate and real.
3. You have no other alternatives.
b. When you feel that the danger is immediate and real
c. When you have no alternative
7. Submission and compliance
a. Submission works well when the attacker seeks domination and usually you will suffer very little damage, if at all. Naturally you can lose face and suffer socially but at least no real physical damage.
b. Compliance usually works well when the attacker wants resources, as in the case of robbery, just give the assailant what he wants.
8. Seeking assistance and informing others
Moreover, the main and usual assumption will be “it is my job and duty to act, no one can do it for me” etc., so if there is someone who offers his help to you, then you just got lucky.
9. Performing appropriate techniques of attacks, defences, counter attacks, releases
Moreover, stay as focus as possible and try neutralizing all disturbances and distractions.
10. Avoid legal consequences
Hence, acting wisely while conducting Krav Maga techniques towards an attacker is a crucial step in a fight.
11. Inform people around you that you are being attacked
12. Reach safe zone ASAP
(2) One who has self-defense and fighting capabilities, as acquired in relevant training (as taught by KMG), should be able to apply the appropriate tactics and techniques to overcome an aggressor and gain the upper hand, even for a short time that will allow a fast escape from danger.
If you are interested in learning, visit our site: