FREE Women's Self-Defence Workshop: An Intro To Must-Know Techniques
Violence against women is a serious and widespread issue in Australia:
- 1 in 3 women have experienced physical violence since the age of 15
- 1 in 5 women have experienced sexual violence since the age of 15
Initiatives to change social norms, the legal system, the protection women are offered are important – but it is as important to empower women with the skills to protect themselves if they must.
In honor of the International Day For the Elimination of Violence Against Women, we are proud to host a free self-defence workshop for all women in our local community. This workshop is well-established at SGS Krav Maga, with 2022 being its 5th year running.
Our instructors have more than 40 years of combined experience teaching women self-defence and an appreciation for the unique challenges women face when attacked – size and strength differences, potentially restrictive clothing or footwear, and the like.
The 2.5 hour workshop will be run by our team of female instructors and assistants and will cover:
- Techniques key to generating power in striking
- Training to target the most vulnerable parts of the body with the most efficient attacks
- Danger avoidance and other de-escalation techniques
- Basic self-defence techniques for the most common attacks
- Techniques for high-danger violence such as weapon threats and attempted abductions
- Preventative attacks as effective defences
The workshop is open to beginners, other martial arts practitioners, and all women 15+.
We will be focusing on the practical aspects of real-life situations, realistic confrontations and scenarios, with the aim of arming all participants with a basic set of techniques that were designed for the military to be used in any situation, against all types of attackers.
When: Sunday, 27 November @ 10.00am – 12.30pm
Where: SGS Krav Maga, 31A Barry Avenue, Mortdale, 2223
Whether you’ve done anything like this before or not, whether you train regularly or not at all, you’ll benefit from attending.
Join us. Learn something valuable, develop or awaken your inner strength, and make some new friends along the way.
Out of stock